Bread & Broth’s volunteers are the ‘heart’ of our food outreach organization and are a gift to our program and our community. Making a commitment to make a difference in the lives of others is what propels our hard working and dedicated volunteers.
Volunteering can be an exciting, growing and enjoyable experience and Bread & Broth has many volunteer opportunities. For most of our volunteer positions, a commitment of only 3-4 hours a month is needed. However, some volunteer positions may require 12-15 hours a month. It is up to you to choose your commitment to Bread & Broth. Also, Bread & Broth has positions for substitutes for each of our areas of volunteering; so you can signup to be on a substitute list.
Below is a list of volunteer opportunities:
Weekly Team Assignment
Food Donation Pickup: Monday morning and/or Friday morning (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.) Minimum Age: 18. Pickup food at local stores and farmer’s markets (in season) and deliver to Grace Hall.
Once a month Team Assignments
B&B volunteers are assigned to Teams which serve once a month based on the week of the month (i.e., Team # 1 serves during the first week of the month, Team # 2 serves the second week of the month, etc.)
- Dinner Setup/Service: Monday afternoon/evening (3 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.) Minimum Age: 14. St. Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
- Clean-Up Crew: Monday evening (5:15p.m. – 6:30 p.m.) Minimum Age:14. St. Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
- Cook – Assist Lead Cook with meal preparation: Monday morning/afternoon (hours vary) Minimum Age: 16. St. Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
- Dinner Serve & Cleanup: Friday afternoon/evening (3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.) Minimum Age: 14. Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church, 2377 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
- B&B 4 Kids: Thursday food packing (3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.) Minimum Age: 13. St. Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
- B&B 4 Kids: School Bag Delivery – Thursday Grace Hall Bag Pickup (4:15 p.m.) and Friday School Delivery (between 7:30 a.m. & 10:00 a.m.) Minimum Age: 18.
- Donation Jar Collection: Collect monetary donations from various Lake Tahoe South Shore store and business locations. Minimum Age: 18.
Quarterly Team Assignment
Deep Cleaning: Quarterly Wednesday and/or Saturday morning kitchen deep cleaning (9:00 a.m. to 11:00 or 12:00 p.m) Minimum Age: 16. St. Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
Summer B&B 4 Kids Program
- Dinner Setup/Service Team Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator – Monday evening (2:45 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.) St. Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
- Lead Cook – Monday (time vary) Theresa Catholic Church, Grace Hall, 1041 Lyons Ave.
- Administration, Communications, Fundraising, Program Chairs, Volunteer Coordination, etc.
Current Open Administrative/Leadership/Advisory Board Positions
Meal Volunteer & Service Coordinators and Assistant Coordinators
Meal Volunteer & Service Coordinators are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of their assigned meal service team (Once monthly – either Monday Meal or Second Serving). Duties will include directing the volunteers in all aspects of meal service, including setup, packing and distributing giveaway bags, meal serving, managing supplies, kitchen cleaning, and breakdown. Assistant Coordinator will support the efforts of the Lead Volunteer & Service Coordinator
Advisory Board Position(s)
If you are interested in volunteering, please print and complete the “Bread & Broth Volunteer Application” form and mail it to:
St. Theresa Bread & Broth
Attn: B&B Volunteer Coordinator
1041 Lyons Avenue
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
If you do not have access to a printer, please contact Myee Avecilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
“The reward of our work is not what we get but what we become.” Paulo Coelho